web statistics

Readers' Comments

Comments:

Cathy Van Zyl MW Says:

Another country that is growing its vineyard plantings of chenin blanc is Israel. Here, many winemakers believe they can emulate South Africa's success with the variety, and there have been numerous visits by viticulturists and winemakers to the Cape to learn how to best grow chenin vines and make wine from its grapes. My 2017 visit and a few tastings in London certainly highlighted that several winemakers are coming to grips with the variety and producing lovely blends with chenin a key component, as well as bottling exceptional single variety examples. That from Shvo WInery (made by owner Gaby Sadan) is always among the best in a line-up, Ze'ev Dunia's Sea Horse a perennial favourite and Dalton, which only started bottling chenin in 2015, also appealing. Cheers. Cathy Van Zyl

Posted @ June 30, 2020 23:00

Cathy Van Zyl MW Says:

While International Chenin Day didn't cause much of a blip on the radar in India, in South Africa it dominated the day. Despite the country being in the grip of lockdown restrictions, timing worked out perfectly, with the peak of the Chenin Producers Association's campaign kicking in with the lifting of alcohol restrictions and consumers on 1 June. And, on Saturday 22, neither lockdown nor the South African winter (and rainy Cape!) could dampen the Chenin Blanc spirit! It was the CPA's most successful year on social media to date, with far higher participation and engagement both from local and international accounts (consumers, retailers, producers and trade) than ever before. There were many more posts from international wine trade/personalities than in previous years, giving great credit to South African producers.

Here are some of the statistics for #DrinkChenin and @CheninSA for your readers:

• Unique views remained the same at 1,3 million in 2020, a considerable result in the context of such a highly competitive digital space
  • Impressions (total number of views) increased to 6,62 million - meaning that more #DrinkChenin related tweets were seen overall (the story is being told and heard!)
  • Of these 6,62 million impressions, @CheninBlancSA is shares first place at contributing 1.4 million of them
  • @CheninBlancSA’s own impressions (total number of views) increased to 5,33 million (up from 4.1 million in 2019) - meaning that the CPA's own content, or mentions of the Chenin Blanc Association, increased by 30%
  • The CPA had 25,955 video views in June on Facebook (solely due to the #DrinkChenin video campaign)
  • The Facebook Page reach increased by 4,810% (that’s not a typo!) during the campaign period
  • Facebook Page engagement increased by 964

Regards. Cathy Van Zyl MW

Posted @ June 30, 2020 20:10

Subhash Arora Says:

I am afraid we cannot help you. I hope some of our Mumbai readers would be able to help you.

Posted @ June 12, 2020 09:02

Rohit Prakash Sankpal Says:

Hi team, I want to see the bioghaphy of Mr. Shamrao Chougule sir . Can you help me out to get the copy of same ? I am his relatives (grandson of late Mr. Pandurang Chougule).

Posted @ June 11, 2020 15:00

Subhash Arora Says:

We would be glad to give any more details of labels/prices and who to contact. We are giving this service free during COVID time to help the consumer get a wider choice. Arora.

Posted @ June 10, 2020 11:35

Sujata Patil Says:

Monika Enterprises too has been working with some retailers to organize home deliveries of their wines and spirits.

Posted @ June 09, 2020 14:00

Subhash Arora Says:

We have received this communication today from the Grand Cercle des Vins de Bordeaux who will present the 2019 vintage of its 138 member Châteaux at Château Laroze in Saint-Emilion, on 15-17 June 2020 from 9am to 7pm. At the beginning of March, we announced the cancellation of our Primeur tastings, for health reasons that we all know... The health and safety of everyone remained, and still remains, our priority. In France and in other countries, a gradual recovery of activity is currently underway, with the start of de-confinement since 11 May. This perspective encourages us to reschedule the presentation of the 2019 vintage to professionals in the sector! They are invited to meet us from Monday 15 to Wednesday 17 of June at Château Laroze in Saint-Emilion, for a tasting session with revised arrangements, adapted to the current context (service by dedicated staff, without the presence of the owners).

Posted @ June 05, 2020 09:17

Subhash Arora Says:

Sagnik, I susggest you become a member of Facebook group of Indian Wine Academy closed group. Lots of information, Suggest you also join to get delwine (www.delwine.com) newsletter. 846 editions are there. its free and more info than you can get in any coursed in India. Then you just need to drink and taste wine as much as possible and as you like. You are onto something nice and different. Pursue it further.

Posted @ May 27, 2020 09:53

Ashish Patni Says:

Dear Sir, I got the reference of Indian Wine Academy from the internet and as I have been studying about wine from last couple of months, I have started realising that wine is not just a fermented fruit juice which complements your food, but lot more than that and is a complete world in itself. There is lot to understand, study and experice. Suddenly my new developing wine passion encouraged me to go further and search a carrier on this path. So, In order to shape my passion driven dream into reality, I am looking for a professional guidance from experts and industry exposure. I am very much sure that indian wine academy is truly a platform which every wine enthusiast would always look for. I therefore request for your guidance and association and wish to start my wine journey with indian wine academy. Awaiting your reply.

Posted @ May 27, 2020 09:40

Sagnik Kusari Says:

Hi Sir, Greetings, I hope you are doing fine. I just watched your interview which I thought was absolutely fascinating. I have been studying the alco-beverage market lately, reading different articles and watching many interviews but this interview of yours has been the most educational of all of that I have seen till now. In a short span of only 20 minutes, you dived into such depth and made the topic so interesting that its difficult to get my mind off it now. You are truly a source inspiration to a growing community of wine enthusiasts and I hope to see more of your interviews in the near future. I wanted to thank you personally for the educating us through the interview and I was only hoping that the interview would go on for a little while longer. Thanks a lot again, Sir. Regards! Sagnik Kusari

Posted @ May 27, 2020 09:14

Subhash Arora Says:

Membership to the Academy is complimentary to get the newsletter delWine. There is a lot of information given on the website. You may also join IWA FB site by requesting and I will accept it. But finally, it is by tasting more and more wine that you can learn a lot and reach the next level. Good luck. We have a Wine Club also but unless you are in Delhi it does not make sense to be a member. Subhash Arora

Posted @ April 27, 2020 16:23

Rajiv Ahuja Says:

Hi! I am Rajiv Ahuja from Jalandhar a self-employed And 51 by age. Had been drinking wine since long but with very less knowledge about its taste culture and mannerisms. Read a lot about you and your passion for wines while hunting information about the wine. Will Highly appreciate details regarding the membership of the Academy. Regards.

Posted @ April 27, 2020 14:00

Fernando Riquelme Says:

The ‘The book of Monastrell’ took place on 3th Dicember 2018. The book, coordinated from the ‘Cofradia del Vino Reino de la Monastrell’ (Brotherhood of The Kingdom of the Monastrell Wine), is the result of the cooperation of several authors, who work in the different sectors (wineries, university, research, etc.) ‘The book of Monastrell’ is available at the following link (spanish language): http://www.cofradiamonastrell.org/ Kind regards Fernando Riquelme.

Posted @ April 03, 2020 13:51

Subhash Arora Says:

Thanks a lot for your compliments, Sir. Very inspiring. Your son is welcome to contact me. I taste Moldova wines regularly and find them very good value-for-money wines. However, people in India neither know nor appreciate Moldova wines. I have been following up with the The National Office for Vine and Wine in Moldova and recommending them concerted efforts to promote their wines. It is too expensive for an individual firm to financially bear the burden. In any case, I would be glad to help him if I can. Arora.

Posted @ March 27, 2020 15:41

Harbhajan Singh Hampal Says:

It is heartening to read about your diversified qualifications and experience in the field of wines. I am 87years old retired bureaucrat residing in Saket,New Delhi and would like to congratulate you on yourachievements.Recently,my son has shifted to Moldova in Eastern Europe and has been writing to me about Moldovan Wines. He is Paramjiet Singh and will soon get in touch with you. He is keen to promote Moldovan Wines in India.. My best wishes and blessings.

Posted @ March 26, 2020 13:20

Subhash Arora Says:

We are putting you on the mailing list. Please confirm when you receive the first one.

Posted @ March 15, 2020 12:06

Divyesh C Panchal Says:

Hi there, I work for Sula Vineyards in a position on GM - Brand Activation and would love to receive your newsletter on a regular basis. Thank you! Divyesh Panchal +91 9691323334.

Posted @ March 14, 2020 11:25

Subhash Arora Says:

Thanks for the appreciation, Rajeev. I believe in telling it like it is, based on my personal experience. Jai Ho! Subhash.

Posted @ March 12, 2020 14:50

Rajeev Samant Says:

Great article Subhash. Anyone wanting a good basic understanding of our wine industry today will find it invaluable! Jai Ho!

Posted @ March 09, 2020 10:50

Subhash Arora Says:

Bruce, thanks for your wonderful comments. You are courageous but a visionary who believes in India's future wine drinkers the number of which is on the increase. You are one of the top producers in Napa who make excellent wines and yet at affordable prices if one were not to considered the ridiculous duties. I know one day the duties and the regime will change and those like you who are investing in your efforts and more importantly are genuinely passionate about your winemaking and love for India, stand to gain. I wish you luck. Thanks for encouraging my writings as always. Subhash

Posted @ March 02, 2020 12:12

Bruce Cakebread Says:

Hi Subhash! Enjoyed this article, and you are quite right to be realistic about potential of wine sales. Selling wine in India definitely has its challenges, but for some reason, I keep coming back for many years now. The search for fools gold? Not me, it is the wine drinkers of India who are passionate about wine, like yourself and many others that make me leave my beautiful Napa Valley, to travel half way around the world to visit India and enjoy great food and wine with old friends and meet new friends. This is what wine a special beverage. 30394We are the lucky ones. All the best Bruce Cakebread.

Posted @ March 01, 2020 15:00

Subhash Arora Says:

You dont need import license anyway. But there is no defined quantity according to the best of our knowledge. I know of people who have gotten together and imported pallets of wine (about 600 bottles) without any excise license. One has to pay the customs duty. excise duty and VAT to clear the shipment.

Posted @ January 25, 2020 12:12

Dinesh Kumar Says:

i want to know how much maximum qty of imported wine one can import in to India from abroad without any excise license. Some one told me that an Indian can import 7 cases having 12 bottle each without any license. Please clarify ?

Posted @ January 25, 2020 10:07

Subhash Arora Says:

To the extent that it is basically a fine product from an internationally renowned producer like Hugh Johnson, and it helps the branding a bit. But nothing more. After all, the price is mainly due to the decanter and fancy packaging. (It reminds me of a Nashik producer who 'created' a special wine costing over a lakh rupees by putting a diamond ring or something at the bottom of the bottle that was worth Rs, 500!! I wonder if he sold even a single bottle !!) It made an interesting story, I thought-taking to international waters anyway. Subhash Arora

Posted @ January 22, 2020 12:50

Rajeev Samant Says:

Is there any point to pricing a wine at 35,000 Euros a bottle? Apart from getting a lot of media attention even in faraway Delhi??

Posted @ January 22, 2020 12:10

Subhash Arora Says:

Thanks for the kind words, Rajeev. It has been a fun journey for 18 long years, organising 300 wine events for the Delhi Wine Club. I will still be around and will help Sourish when required. I hope the legacy continues for a long time to come. Jai Ho! Subhash

Posted @ January 22, 2020 11:27

Rajeev Samant Says:

What a legendary journey it has been Subhash! Wish you all the best for your future endeavours. And may Sourish chart new waters, difficult as it will be after the intrepid explorer steps down!

Posted @ January 22, 2020 10:30

Subhash Arora Says:

I am sure government can collate. But not available in general, from newspaper reports. Of course, one could extrapolate from total current sales. Rule of thumb, half the sales are of liquor and about 40% is Black Label and perhaps Chivas, I am told. Wine sales are really negligible. Subhash

Posted @ January 21, 2020 15:54

Abhay Kewadkar Says:

Subhash, Is there any data available on Import and Sale of duty free Alcohol in India and thus potentially what is the saving in forign exchange one can expect ?

Posted @ January 21, 2020 13:00

Subhash Arora Says:
Too much on my plate!! In any case, I am voluntarily stepping aside after running the club for 18 years and organising 300 events, I feel tired!!! I am sure Sourish will carry the Club forward. In any case, as President Emeritus I will always be available for any help required. Thanks. Subhash Arora
Posted @ January 21, 2020 12:39

Joseph Machado Says:

Looking at this selfish Scenario on 1 bottle only allowed sad future for Airport duty free there will be a slump ,nobody will feel the worth at looking at these shops it will called as double duty shops it s a very hustle bustle situation I woul prefer buying gray market duplicates

Posted @ January 21, 2020 08:56

Abhay Kewadkar Says:

What next Subhash ? All the Best to Sourish.

Posted @ January 21, 2020 08:39

Subhash Arora Says:

It will be a pleasure David. Its about changing the mindset that is regressive due to ignorance or lets say backwardness. I believe in the cause and that helps me. But more than that is wine aficionados and wise people like you who keep me going and at times when I am frustrated, help me bring back to tracks. I am sure we shall overcome!! Thanks for your compliments. Subhash

Posted @ October 02, 2019 15:42

David Banford Says:

Dear Subhash, Will you please subscribe me to your most excellent newsletter. Seems like India still in the throes of somw weird and illogical laws! But full marks on your persistence..... Best regards. David

Posted @ October 01, 2019 18:00

Vishnu Soni Says:

I would like to make my career in this field.Because it's a very interested career.I will get to learn a lot in this.

Posted @ September 10, 2019 10:32

Chetan khawdiya Says:

I have wine production

Posted @ August 23, 2019 10:05

William P. Cook Says:

Thank you Subhash, I enjoyed your play on words. I understand the confusion, but alas, our good friends from Spain have led you astray I am afraid.. Pisco Punch was actually an invention of a bar in San Francisco in the late 1800’s called the Bank Exchange Saloon and was invented by an American named Duncan Nicol. Pisco itself, was introduced to America when it was brought up from Pisco, Peru to California during the Gold Rush by traders who sailed along the Pacific Coast of the Americas. Debates about names and origins are all in good fun, but for us in Peru, the Pisco Sour is 100% Peruvian I am afraid lol!!! Everyone in the Club is most welcome, however, to visit us in Peru and enjoy not only our wonderful Pisco Sours, but other Pisco libations, including the Chilcana (a mixture of Pisco Quebranta, fresh lemon juice and ginger ale), perhaps a name we in Peru have expropriated from our dear neighbors to the South lol!!! Look forward to seeing you in Delhi soon and to enjoying some fine wine together. Best regards, Bill

Posted @ August 06, 2019 11:05

Dear William,

Since I am not married to a Peruvian or a Chilean, I have to take a neutral stand. I used Pisco Punch and Pisco Sour in the heading to stress Peru had hit a Punch and Chile felt things were sour. I do know Pisco Punch is a cocktail in Peru anyway-‘cos I had noticed it being served in ‘Peru is Pisco’ stand in Spain. Pisco Sour is of course the whiskey sour of Latin America I am told and have seen it served by both the countries on several occasions. The matter is still subjudice. I am sure Chileans are going to the High Court. The Long History in both the countries of making Pisco will decide the fate by the judge. I wrote the Article merely as a journalist with the hope to promote the drink in India per se- free from any bias or comment. Let us see which way the High Court goes. Best of Luck. Subhash Arora

Posted @ August 03, 2019 13:10

William P. Cook Says:

My dear friends you could not be more incorrect when it comes to the proper terminology of how Pisco is consumed and where. The Pisco Sour is the national beverage of Peru not Chile, and no one in my beloved second home of Peru ever refers to our delicious libation as a Pisco Punch!!! With all due respect to our Chilean neighbors, they may use Pisco Punch but for us Peruvians (even if just by marriage), we only drink Pisco Sours (which is also the name of my beloved boat). Best regards, Bill

Posted @ August 02, 2019 16:30

Sidd Banerji Says:

Excellent input,as experienced all thru these,almost a decade,reading Subhssh.Be it a tour report of Tuscany tegion or a judging session in Hong Kong wine show,reading Subhash has been always, without an exception, a sail thru. Felt like Im in midst of the fest. Swiss wines,grown at the Rhine banks supported by a chalky soil and on slanted land base,are immensely popular, catering to the local taste..Their smaller shows are mostly of boutique wineries,family owned ones, get their yearly produce sold and booked at such shows.One of such is an annual one at Basel,held on a ship, anchored on Rhine.I had my chances to witness for few years.

Posted @ July 27, 2019 17:55

Ram Bharati Says:

Good information. our company: MASSEY AGRO FOODS AND BEVERAGES P. LTD., would like to enter in import of wine and beer trade. we are a startup in foods and beverages sector Licence cost is too much high for the new entrepreneurs and startups. Govt should make some special policy /frameworks for the startups to enter in this trade . In the initial stage it is very difficult to invest high amount alone, we are looking for partners, investors for the same. Regards, Ram Bharati Massey agro foods and beverages p. ltd. 9717654115

Posted @ July 23, 2019 12:05

Subhash Arora Says:

Precisely my point. Australia is a democracy too. But the government helps the trade when they know it is in national interest. They believed the industry 30-50 years ago. In fact, I remember clearly they gave an export budget of $50 million for promotion. And see what result that brought the producers and the economy. The scheme is clearly listed in the website of Wine Australia. It's intregrity of purpose that works for Australians. Things and results are different in India.

Posted @ July 23, 2019 11:00

Joseph Machado Says:

Well we only keep looking at the shocking figures all over but Australia wine has kept exports growing thanks to the Government & wine industry sales owners we can't imagine what will be the next year for Australia !!!only rising cheers

Posted @ July 22, 2019 13:50

Abhishek Kumar Says:

Dear Sir Your article is very informative and useful for Indian wine industry .As per my research on consumer perceptions towards Indian wine, most of the consumers want to drink by glass only.India as price sensitive market . Government must understand the facts and it will give negative impact on wine sales.

Posted @ June 26, 2019 07:55

Victor Nunes Says:

good morning everyone We are exporters of excellent wines from Portugal Wines with class and character , We were very pleased to have a contact with Your Company. We sincerely await feedback Thank you

Posted @ June 15, 2019 08:29

Subhash Arora Says:

Changing whisky drinkers to wine?!! Ain't gonna happen during my next 7 lives. I will be happy if our next generations can be more sensible and switch to lower alcohol- natural alcohol, as a lifestyle food product and I do not even suggest a complete switch! Subhash Arora

Posted @ March 15, 2019 10:50

Chetan Says:

It's been a while since I read some things from Rajeev Samanta. Nice to read about there growth and vision.... Jai ho..

Posted @ January 25, 2019 15:08

Ajay Tripathi Says:

You hv nt clarified fr MP , what is base limit if one does not have a licence. Your said licenced limit is recent amendment but their was older limit of 2 bottles per individual. I am not sure what happened to it after amendments. Can you plz research & msg me. And also, I invite you fr a session of dine & wine together. Contact at twitter @drajaytripathi Tc

Posted @ January 05, 2019 11:20

Subhash Arora Says:

How right?? One must NEVER drink and drive. Over drink ker ke khud marna hai to maro-DOOSRON ko kyon maro!! My advice, never drink too much!! Subhash Arora

Posted @ November 25, 2018 11:55

Rakesh Shetty Says:

home drink good for family safety then drink and drive for repeat

Posted @ November 23, 2018 04:48

Thanks, Neena. S Arora.

Posted @ October 28, 2018 14:10

Nina Mercedese Says:

This wine academy gives excellent information. People take appropriate info from here regarding wines and related items. These days also exotic dancing at Kitty and Spinsters Bachelorette Parties is also going on and the best form of intoxication with wines is unexceptional with male dancers as at www.himhishot.com who are excellently professional and make a quality time worth enjoyment. So when we need relevant info we need turn here again at wine academy

Posted @ October 26, 2018 14:00

Thank you.

Posted @ October 12, 2018 18:30

Nina Says:

Good information on wines. I got information on cakes from www.luckonluck.com and on wines here for my bachelorette party. Websites are now a good source of information. Keep it up!

Posted @ October 12, 2018 13:42

Subhash Arora Says:

Thanks for pointing it out. We in India have no way of cross-checking such claims and depend and quote the sources making the claim. Comment highly appreciated. Arora

Posted @ August 02, 2018 09:42

BSimpson Says:

Not the first Sweet Wine event in Australia. The Riverina NSW has been holding these events for years. Riverina Botrytis is world renowned.

Posted @ August 02, 2018 05:50

Sidd Banerji Says:

Every line,a poetry, of the wine world.every line, a storehouse of knowledge. copied and stored in my collection file. My Regards

Posted @ August 01, 2018 09:09

Subhash Arora Says:

Thank you. I usually attend it on a journalistic invitation. I am not invited this year. I am sure it will be very interesting though. Subhash Arora

Posted @ July 27, 2018 17:32

Rocco Lettieri Says:

An interesting article. Congratulations very alive. We will see you again at the Villa D'Este - Wine Symposium 2018 - 10th Anniversary - from 8th to 11th November 2018. It will certainly be a great event to which we can not miss. Greetings cordial, rocco

Posted @ July 27, 2018 10:32

Sidd Banerji Says:

OH!! another heavy heavy dose of so much news,so much of deep concerns and involvements, in Indian wine world.You come to know only, when you step in the arena of delwine.Three cheers for such a lovely,compact,all covering comprehensive note on our only MW,SONAL HOLLAND.THANKS,delwine,thanks my wine guru,Cav.Subhash Arora.

Posted @ June 24, 2018 14:50

Joseph. Machado Says:

I love Indian wine academy keep me posted on your development

Posted @ June 04, 2018 12:23

Subhash Arora Says:

But you did tell me all that was published while going out, didn't you!! Subhash Arora

Posted @ June 03, 2018 23:34

Chintamani Rao Says:

Thank you dor quoting me, but you’re ascribing to me what I didn’t say! All I said (on Facebook) was, “Great evening, Subhash Arora: the wine, the food and the company. A vintage, boisterous Delhi Wine Club evening.”

Posted @ June 03, 2018 09:45

Surendra Says:

Excfit of this.

Posted @ June 01, 2018 13:51

Surendra Says:

Excellent information. One can get clear idea, how soil and climate have effect on quality of grapes and subsequently on wines. Growers will definitely get benefit of this.

Posted @ June 01, 2018 13:51

K T Mane Says:

Nice article !! Ms.Sheetal has put her enthusim and the knowledge about Italian wines in this article. Being Italian Importer it is great pleasure that Italian wines producer taking step fòrward to looking great opportunty to enter Indian market. Specialy best luck for Ms. SHEETAL and must thanks to Mr. Subhash

Posted @ June 01, 2018 10:30

Omkar Says:

Amazing. This article is very well written with minute observations and great details about the wine, climatic geological and geographical conditions in which the grapes grow and mainly about the vineyards and vine culture of Italy and how passionate they are about vine making. . I'm sure this article has also been written with a lot of passion. This article took me on a tour to Italy but the only thing that is remaining is vine tasting. Keep up the good work.

Posted @ May 31, 2018 17:04

Colonel Pramodan Marathe Says:

Well articulated article. Enjoyed reading it. The author should be commended for giving details in a lively way.

Posted @ May 31, 2018 12:51

Omkar Chandak Says:

Excellent Article.....!!!! It provides clear idea of Various types of wines from cultivation to its characteristics....!!!! For those who aspire to develop winery it provides quick view about multiple types and for layman it gives idea beyond considering the wine as alcohol only.... GREAT OBSERVATIONS !!!!!!

Posted @ May 30, 2018 16:16

Manisha Shinde Says:

Excellent article . Detailed and keen observation of Italian wine industry . This article emphasize WINE IS NOT JUST AN ALCOHOL CONTAINING BRUERAGE BUT ITS AN ART TO BE CULTIVATED AND SCULPURED . GREAT EFFORTS

Posted @ May 30, 2018 13:38

Sidd Banerji Says:

AS USUAL, A UNIQUE TREATISE AGAIN,ON WINES IN GENERAL,INDIAN WINE WORLD, IN PARTICULAR.OFTEN I THINK,IF I COULD HAVE ALL SUCH EXPERT NOTES AND OBSERVATIONS COLLECTED UN MY LIBRARY,I COULD HAVE ONE OF THE MOST FORMIDABLE WINE NOTE COLLECTIONS ,IN THE COUNTRY.

Posted @ May 08, 2018 18:26

Sidd Banerji Says:

So lucidly narrated one of the world's most prestigious wine tasting programs..Subhash's articles and reports, notes or observations are always with loads of incomparable facts and figures on wine knowledge.This was no exception.Enjoyed more as I could match with my experiences out there in Chianti region of Tuscany.I had similar,though in much lesser scale interactions with expert wine makers,producers,Sommeliers to understand Italian wines in totality,including nuances of food pairing and subtle wine courtesies and conventions..Hats off Subhash!!hats off once again!!

Posted @ March 21, 2018 08:23

Sidd Banerji Says:

04.03.18 A Report...of 03.03.18 Amidst a homely crowd with the renowned friendly warmth,strikingly observed amidst their members,their families and even guests,Radio Club,Colaba,Mumbai,hosted their first day of the 2days,Food and Wine Festival. A project conceptualized by their Jt.Hon.Secretary and Chairman of the Bar and Liquor subcommittee,Prakash Mirchandani, has been well received by the local wine units.Amongst the producers,Sula has taken the lead promoting their Dindori Shiraz,priced at Rs.1095,importers,Pernod Ricard India,Mumbai and Prestige Wines and Spirits P.Ltd.,New Delhi threw open a large variety of countries to choose from and their labels,both in red and white.While the former talked much interesting facts and figures of their Campo Viejo wines from Spain,the later displayed and sampled Piccini.Perth Mehta,the young and bright executive of Prestige,enthusiastically narrated stories behind his wines,Piccinis red and white or De Bortoli(Italy/Australia)'s Shiraz cabernet. The Saturdays lofty young and old crowd, both with their ladies, were seen much in interesting tete-e-tete and serious discussions over the range of wines made available at the event.. Senior wine enthusiasts like popular trainer,John Agnel Dsuzza,trainer,teacher,like Ajit Balgi were seen around stalls,sampling. A small but serving quality items food corner was at the adjoining space,serving gastronomical needs. Their 2nd day,4th,today is expected to be more active with larger number of visitors.

Posted @ March 07, 2018 08:53

Subhash Arora Says:

Thanks Sid. Your sincere words of appreciation are more meaningful to me than certificates like this. I get inspired to continue what I am doing when I get recognition like this from people like you and I am glad if I have brought in some change in your wine life. Thanks for the inspiring comments again. Subhash Arora

Posted @ March 03, 2018 09:07

Siddhartha Banerji Says:

It's been more than 7 years, I have been following Subhash Arora's role in the wine industry and it has always,without exception, brought in front of me,a one man army 's image behind our Indian Wine world.I had the privilege to be associated with some of his working areas and I feel grateful and obliged to have learnt everyone from him He has been my idol behind my activities around the industry.He shall be more hereafter, and shall remain my inspiration,true.Im sure hundreds of wine enthusists worldwide are gratefully obliged to him.Regards to Subhash.

Posted @ March 02, 2018 23:40

Nithiya Sagayam Says:

Dear Aruna, I am deeply impressed by your enthusiasm and initiatives. I wish you everything best Lets be in touch Yours Nithiya

Posted @ January 29, 2018 16:20

Suman Chauhan Says:

hi, Suman chauhan from Viiking beverages pvt ltd - mumbai. pl share all excise related policy with me also. i am very thankful to you.

Posted @ January 21, 2018 08:06

Hildegard Fuchs Says:

The German wine estate "Weingut Fuchs" successfully produces wines of very low histamine content; the histamine contents of many of their white and red wines is around or even less than 0.1 mg/l. They provide a concrete analysis for each wine. Website: https://www.weingut-fuchs.de/en/histamine-free-wine.php Please feel free to contact the winery for details.

Posted @ November 28, 2017 09:05

Subhash Arora Says:

Sorry online sales not allowed in India

Posted @ October 03, 2017 11:10

V Vishwanathan Says:

Is port wine 1000 available for purchase on line? pl advise cost and minimum order.

Posted @ October 03, 2017 10:20

If you Like this article please click on the Like button

Want to Comment ?

Please enter your comments in the space provided below. If there is a problem, please write directly to arora@delwine.com. Thank you.

Captcha
Generate a new image

Type letters from the image:

Please note that it may take some time to get your comment published...Editor